Tzipi Livni: Israel, the Startup-Nation
- Israel’s Minister of Justice (2012 – 2014)
- Israel's Minister of Foreign Affairs (2006 – 2009)
- Leader of the Opposition, 2018
- Former Vice Prime Minister of Israel and Chief Negotiator in the Israeli-Palestinians peace talks
Tzipi Livni is the former Vice Prime Minister of Israel, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Justice.
Tzipi Livni served as a member of the Israeli National Security Cabinet, a member of the security “Trio” and was Israel’s chief negotiator for peace between Israel and the Palestinians during the last two rounds of negotiations in 2008 and 2013.
Tzipi Livni Speaking Topics
- Geo-Political Future: USA vs. China and Russia vs. Europe
- Israel, the Startup-Nation: Cybersecurity & Digitalization
- Globalination: The clash of Globalization and Nation State
- Principles for Democracies – Values & Challenges
- The Wind of Change: Young Generation vs. Old Administration
- Global Economics: Business Competition & Supply Chains
- Women’s empowerment: Seizing on the spirit of the #MeToo movement
Tzipi Livni’s rapid rise through the Israeli political scene took her to the height of power, into the heart of government, and an all-male security cabinet. She is the first women since the days of Golda Meir to have served in the highest senior government roles, including Foreign Minister and Acting Prime Minister.
A Shared Vision for Israel and World Jewry: Beginning a New Dialogue
Renowned Israeli politician, diplomat and lawyer Tzipi Livni shares a vision of the State of Israel based upon the Declaration of Independence, that includes values that both Israel and Jewish communities around the world share. Drawing on her extensive political and personal experience, Livni highlights how peace, liberal values, equal rights, and bipartisanship can exist in harmony with support for Israel.
Changes in Democracies: The Challenges of Globalization, Nationalism and Liberalism
Tzipi Livni’s experience goes beyond theories. It is based upon her time as one of Israel’s leading decision-makers, serving as Foreign Minister and Vice Prime Minister, and her work spearheading campaigns to oppose anti-democratic legislation in Israel. In this candid and compelling talk, Livni shares her perspective as a leading voice in standing up for democracy, based on her firm belief that democracy is not a technical system in which the majority rules, but is based on a liberal and democratic set of values.
Negotiation and conflict resolution
Turning the experience as a private lawyer, the CEO of the government companies authority, Chief negotiator for peace, a board member of International Crisis Group into practical advice to private (business negotiations) and public sector (conflict resolution)
Named one of “150 Women Who Shake the World” by Newsweek and The Daily Beast, and included in the “Time 100” and Forbes’ “100 Most Powerful Women,” Livni has been sought-out to speak everywhere from The World Economic Forum to Fortune’s “Most Powerful Women” Summit.
Her other positions were: Minister of Regional Cooperation; Minister of Immigrant Absorption; Minister of Housing and Construction; Minister of Agriculture and the Leader of the opposition.
Tzipi Livni was the leader of centrist parties including the largest party in Israel. She is still a strong voice for Israel׳s democratic values and a leading supporter of peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
Tzipi Livni served as an officer in the Israel Defense Forces and later served in the Mossad.
Professionally Tzipi Livni holds a law degree and practiced law for a decade specialized in commercial, constitutional, and real-estate law. She was Director General of the Government Companies Authority and in this capacity, she opened up markets for competition and privatized government-owned companies.
In the Israeli Parliament, Tzipi Livni was a member of the Constitution, Law and Justice Committee, Status of Women and gender equality, Foreign Affairs & Defense Committee and Chaired the Subcommittee for International Legal Warfare.
Tzipi Livni is known for her integrity in politics and was granted the Quality of Governance Award for her unique contribution to reinforcing the rule of law and protecting the principles of democracy. In 2007, Livni was recognized by TIME magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Other Awards and Honors:
- Yale university Chubb Fellow
- International Women’s Hall of Fame Award
- Golden Arrow Award
- The Bridge Award
Post politics professional activities: Tzipi Livni is an international Speaker, a strategic consultant and a board member of corporates and advisory boards of startups.
- Senior fellow at Harvard Kennedy School
- Board member of ICG -International Crisis Group
- Member of The Aspen Ministers Forum .
- Global steering committee of Campaign for nature
- Member of MCAC ( multinational cyber action committee)
- Board member of INSS- Institute for National Security Studies
- Member Nizami Ganjavi International Center